Monday 18 January 2021

What a life.

Today I am excited about the prospect of doing a big food shop at the local supermarket. For most people across the country, this is currently one of the only activities besides walking that gets you out of the house. A trip to Tesco's now the only marker of a week passing by. Everything else is a blur. Endless days mushed together filled with the same things over and over and over. 

I want to try and get my family to play boardgames, just to shake things up a bit, but the only person who doesn't hate them is my sister and two person Monopoly is a bit shit. Everything has become so monotonous that I find myself wanting to scream just as a way to release tension every single day. I haven't actually screamed yet, I fear it is just building up. 

The saddest thing is that I actually got excited about big food shops before the global pandemic. I'm now wondering if I have in fact mentioned this before on my blog. I can't remember. Time means nothing. At least I can methodically walk up and down the aisles of Sainsbury's on a Monday evening to waste a couple of hours. What a life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment